FORS Montenegro – Foundation for the Development of Northern Montenegro is implementing the project “GEAR – Green Economy for Advanced Region“ with the aim of increasing the activities and impact of civil society organisations from Montenegro, Serbia, B&H, FYR Macedonia and Albania in the environmental protection through networking, strengthening their capacities and promoting green economy. The project is implemented in partnership with organisations SMART Kolektiv from Serbia, Centre for Development and Support from B&H, EKO Svest from FYR Macedonia, EDEN Center from Albania and Association Slap from Croatia. The project is financed by the European Union within Civil Society Facility and Media Programme 2016-2017.
In the first phase of project implementation, the following trainings will be organised in collaboration with the partners in the project, for civil society organisations from Montenegro, Serbia and BiH dealing with environmental protection and sustainable development, socio-economic development, social protection and similar topics, in the period from the second half of September to April 2019:
- Green Economy (two-day training in Montenegro, 15-16 October 2018*)
- Public Advocacy and Lobbying (three-day training in BiH, October 2018*)
- Participation in Decision Making (two-day training in Serbia, November 2018*)
- Project Cycle Management (four-day training in Montenegro, November 2018*)
- Monitoring of Public Policies (three-day training in Serbia, April 2019*)
In the following phases of project implementation, the trainings on Research and Analyses of public policies and Improvement of Collaboration with Authorities, as well as the study visit to Croatia and successful businesses following the principles of green economy and the sub granting for civil society organisations through public Call for proposals will be organised.
The costs of accommodation, food and transport of participants of the training programme will be covered by the project. As regards the selection and participation of organisations from Montenegro, the eligible participants are representatives of organisations registered in Montenegro, at least 6 months before the publishing of this announcement and the application for the participation in the training programme can be submitted no later than 1 October 2018, by completing the application form which can be downloaded here and sending it to the e-mail email@example.com .
The criteria for the selection of candidates are:
- Area of work of the organization
- Recognizability of the organization in the community and previous experience and references of the organization and the candidate – at least one project/activity implemented in the eligible area of work
- Interest of the candidate and the organization for participation in other project activities and the work of the network of CSOs
- Conversation with a representative of FORS Montenegro
The number of participants of the training programme is limited and the candidates can take part in one or more trainings, depending on the interests and possibilities. FORS Montenegro reserves the right on deciding on selection and the total number of participants, in line with the defined criteria and financial possibilities, on which you can get more information if you contact us on the following phone number 040 212 484 or visit our website www.forsmontenegro.org
*time schedule is indicative and subject to changes on which the participants will be timely informed